Saturday, November 17, 2018

Moonlight Mesa Publisher Account "Disabled" on Facebook

"Being "disabled" on Facebook is probably a real gift and a good thing," Moonlight Mesa's CEO Becky Coffield said.

It appears as though when Coffield, who'd closed her original account due to exasperation with Facebutt (as she calls it), went to open a new account because of the change of website, the powers-that-be at Facebook demanded a photo to prove her authenticity.

"I guess I didn't appear authentic," Coffield said. "In reality, I really don't care. I think Facebook is a total waste of time - it eats up far more time than people realize. And, the fact is, I don't think we ever sold a single book due to our presence on social media. So I can concentrate on other marketing ideas and not get caught up in FB dramas, which I tended to do, sadly. Shortly after they asked for a photo to prove my personhood, I made the decision to once again close the account. So no loss there."

Early on Coffield "quit twitter," again finding it a waste of time. "Plus I found myself being very snarky at times and saying things I'd never ever say to a person's face. I was surprised at my snarkiness! I didn't like that at all."

Moonlight Mesa now has three blogs: this one, Westernswhalesandoceans.blogspot.com, and periodically they publisher blogs on the new WordPress website: www.westernswhalesandoceans.com. 

Sometimes the blogs are the same, but that won't happen very often. "Now that I don't have to deal with social media, I can spend some time doing more productive things...like promoting titles we've published on sites that actually sell books! Oh...maybe I'll have more time to ride my mule, too."


Submitted by Renee Witty

No comments:

Post a Comment