Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Publisher Gravely Injured in Freak Accident

It's true. I suffered grave injury to three toes on my right foot when I accidentally slammed by bare foot into a metal post on the mini-trampoline that sits in the corner of my office. After I rolled around on the floor, howling like a wounded hog, I crawled off for a bag of ice and sympathy from anyone and everyone. Okay, maybe it wasn't a grave injury, but nevertheless, after two weeks, two of my toes still look like little fat, bruised sausages, and I absolutely cannot wear a shoe on that foot.

Having to wear flip-flops everywhere presents a challenge, particularly when I go out to feed the mules and tend to my chickens. The hens have a propensity to peck at my feet which causes me extreme stress even when my toes are not injured. As for the mules, I warily guard against one of them stepping on a foot, not that they ever have. (However, one of our horses that clearly had ADHD stepped on me twice and stood there both time gazing raptly into the distance, oblivious to my screaming and pounding on his side.)

Having my toes incapacitated  has stirred up some irritability. Fortunately, my husband bears the brunt of this and not too many customers, although I did lose three "friends" on Facebook. Okay, I admit I went on a rant. But what's not to rant about nowadays?

On the bright side, we may be releasing Jere D. James' final book in the Jake Silver Adventure series: Gunslinger Justice. Since I'm incapacitated and pretty much stuck in my office, I'm thinking mid-September now instead of late October. Meanwhile, Jere is working on a new project...not a western. James says he needs a break from writing six westerns in five years. He'll resume the westerns after his current project is finished which, judging by the amount of time he spends in my office on a computer, should be any day! I exaggerate only slightly.



In other Moonlight Mesa news, J.R. Sanders' Some Gave All outsold all other nonfiction books in the first half of this year. This includes Ingram sales as well as Moonlight Mesa sales. Sanders' book is not available in e-reader format at this time, so these were all hard copy sales.


Rusty Richards' Casey Tibbs - Born to Ride came in second in nonfiction sales, followed by Lee Anderson's Developing the Art of Equine Communication.

Finally, for anyone looking for a good buy, or for early  Christmas gifts, all of our westerns are featured at a 25 - 50% discount on all e-reader devices except Kindle. On our website, one can order all five of the Jake Silver books for the discounted price of $60 and receive FREE S/H. You will have the opportunity to buy the sixth and final book when it comes out at the reduced price.

Hopefully, I'll be back in the saddle soon. Until then, wear shoes and keep your feet safe.

Western Book Publisher,

Becky




No comments:

Post a Comment