Thursday, May 31, 2012

Book Sales Soar at Mule Days


The Publisher's  Mule Didn't Get to Go to Mule Days

Book sales were at an all time high last week at Mule Days celebrated in Bishop, California, where Moonlight Mesa spent five days selling books, mule t-shirts, cowboy art, and some cool purse/bookbag/carry thingies.

"We had an all-time high for income, but honestly, the event is five days, so that should probably be expected. Our other longest event is only three days, but still, we did well," said publisher Becky Coffield.

High book for the event was Lee Anderson's new release, Developing the Art of Equine Communication. Next came Sam's Desert Adventure, followed by Award-Winning Tales and then J.R. Sanders' The Littlest Wrangler.

"The surprise for me was Award-Winning Tales. I hadn't realized how many copies we sold until I did the tally at the end of the show," said Coffield. "Of course, we saw a huge jump in our Kindle and Nook sales during this time also. And, happily I sold 4 copies of our new re-issue of Life Was A Cabaret, our sailing book. That's pretty good considering this was mule country and a long way from any ocean!"

"Jere D. James' titles fared well also, but since there are three, it seems unfair to put his count in with other titles. If we counted Jere's sales, he'd have taken first place."

Coffield plans on attending Mule Days at least one more year. "We'll go until we get to the point where we're not making any money. At that point we'll probably move on. But this was a highly-needed shot in the arm for us! We came home tired and happy."



FAREWELL FACEBOOK!


FAREWELL FACEBOOK - YOU TAX AVOIDING BILLIONAIRE BRATS

It may be heresy, but publisher Becky Coffield has DROPPED FACEBOOK. "It's no secret that I just can't stand social media. I just can't stand it."


Never a fan of Facebook or My Space, Coffield became totally disillusioned with Facebook after seeing the movie about Mark Zuckerberg and his creation of Facebook. "Then, when one of his main guys gives up his American citizenship because he doesn't want to pay extra taxes on his BILLIONS of dollars, that was the final straw for me," Coffield said. "What a bunch of spoiled, self-centered brats. They are the heighth of excess as far as I'm concerned."


Coffield also disliked the continual  self-promotion people did on the Western Readers Group page she started. "It was like for READERS. Hello? READERS. Yet almost everyone there was a writer and pushing their books. It was boring and tiresome. I'm outta there."

Does she think it will hurt her business? "I sincerely doubt it. Truly. I sincerely doubt it. Maybe now I'll have more time to promote our books instead of spending time on Facebook. Anybody I want to talk to, I'll do it in person, email, or on the phone. This 'group' communication annoyed me. Gosh I disliked that stuff."

One down...how many more will leave? "For some people, this is their life. How pathetic is that? I can see it maybe if a person is unable to get out and around, but for regular folks, their time could be better spent."







No comments:

Post a Comment