Friday, December 16, 2011

Short Story Contest on for 2012


Moonlight Mesa Associates, Inc. has announced in the company's monthly newsy newsletter that the Annual Cowboy Up Short Story Contest will be sponsored once again.

Details for the contest are on our website: www.moonlightmesaassociates.com. Guidelines for the contest remain largely the same, except this year the stories MUST BE SET in Arizona since 2012 marks the state's centennial. Isn't that clever?

The contest has slowly become increasingly popular, and entries are so good as to be absolutely incredible. Judging is becoming extremely difficult. We really struggle to determine the cash prize winners. Almost every story submitted deserves a prize. In fact, we are considering publishing another Western anthology in 2013, comprised of the top stories from 2011 and 2012.

The contest is open from March 1 to September 1 and costs only $15 to enter. Stories may be up to 3500 words in length, and must be original and unpublished. See the website for more details: www.moonlightmesaassociates.com.


NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS:

Well for all those who don't get our newsy newsletter, I'd like to reiterate here my highly inspired New Years Resolutions. In my own mind, I figure the more people I tell, the more likely I am to keep to these! I'm a believer in good ol' New Years Resolutions. Why be all excited about a new year if you don't plan to make it any better than the last one?

1. Stop whining when things don’t go my way or sales are down or an event that I’ve paid big money for sucks.

2. Close one sale a day!

3. Make my company’s presence better known in my own home town!

4. Work less, but work smarter.

5. Stop watching so much depressing news on TV.

Now, I’m happy with those things, and I think I can do them, too! I’m not sure how I’ll go about doing some of them, especially number 4, but I’ll have a whole year to figure it out. I’ll report back.


MERRY MERRY AND HAPPY HAPPY

Since neither Renee nor Jered are available to blog over the holidays, I'm not sure I'll get back to a blogpost. If I don't, I'd like to wish everyone the politically incorrect MERRY CHRISTMAS. And, of course, have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR also.


Becky

1 comment:

  1. No. 5 res would be a tough one for me. I enjoy the depressing news and cussing up a storm.

    ReplyDelete