Sunday, October 24, 2010

A LOTTA LOTTA LOTTA GOOD NEWS



The new cover for Award-Winning Tales?

A LOT OF NEWS!

A lot has happened in the last two weeks! For starters, Casey Tibbs - Born to Ride, is still hovering around number one on Amazon!

For another, Moonlight Mesa Associates is in the process of signing its first WESTERN ROMANCE writer, freelance writer and professional editor, Paula Silci. "Actually, I'm kind of excited about doing a romance," said Coffield. "I know nothing about Western romances - I just know I had a hard time putting the manuscript down once I started it!"

And, the first draft of Vin Libassi's cover for the upcoming Western anthology is in, and it's FABULOUS. "I'm sure we'll go with it or a slight variation of it," said Coffield. "I love this guy. He delivers a quality cover every single time!"


2011 COWBOY UP CONTEST ANNOUNCED

Although it's not totally formal, Coffield has tentatively announced the dates and data for the 2011 Cowboy Up Short Story Contest. The contest will run March 1 to September 1. Again, it will allow 3000 words. Entry fees will remain at $15. The big change this year is that the stories MUST be a Western suspense, mystery, thriller, etc.

"I know this'll be tougher, but I know the writers who enter this contest can come up with brilliant ideas! I can't wait to read them!" Coffield said.

There may be a slight change in awards. Coffield has made no final decision on that yet.


2011 EVENT SCHEDULE

Although it's always changing, Moonlight Mesa's 2011 Event Schedule is beginning to take shape. Here's for starters:

January: Probably a show in Yuma again
February: Wickenburg's Gold Rush Days RODEO
Tucson Rodeo (Fiesta de los Vaqueros)
March: unscheduled
April: unscheduled
May: Mule Days in Bishop, CA. ???
June: Western Writers of America Conference in North Dakota
July: Prescott Rodeo??
August: San Juan Island Tour (3 weeks)

Coffield has said that she will do everything under heaven and earth to obtain a booth at the 2011 Cowboy Christmas event in Las Vegas, NV. "We have enough books now, and every title we have is a QUALITY BOOK," she added. "I'm ready for Cowboy Christmas."

No comments:

Post a Comment