Monday, September 6, 2010

Moonlight Mesa Title Wins Award!


J.R. Sanders' The Littlest Wrangler is an award winner in this year's Arizona Authors Literary Contest.

"We are truly thrilled about this," said publisher Becky Coffield. "It's been awhile since we've had a book win an award in this contest. The last award-winning book was Northern Escape, in 2004 I think it was."

Both the author and the publisher have plans for entering The Littlest Wrangler in other upcoming contests. "It's going to do well. I love this little book! The minute I read the first chapter I knew I was on to something good!"

"This is our first Western book award, but I assure you, it won't be our last," Coffield said.

The book was illustrated by Vin Libassi of spiralpath.com.



CAPE DORY 25

"Even though this has nothing to do with Western books, the news is too good to keep to myself," Coffield said. The publisher and her husband just returned from a whirlwind trip to Racine, Wisconsin, where she purchased a Cape Dory 25.

"I know Racine is a long ways to go for a boat, but there just aren't any Cape Dory 25s for sale on the West Coast, and I wanted a Cape Dory 25 with a trailer, pure and simple. These boats are trailerable, but are tough and sturdy and suited for offshore cruising. I got a peach of a boat loaded with gear, and I was so lucky because there were SO MANY offers on it and so much interest in it," Coffield said. "I'm naming it Lucky Me. The boat has been very, very well taken care of."


TRUE WEST ADVERTISEMENT

Don't miss Moonlight Mesa's first magazine advertisement ever in this month's True West Magazine, page 47, lower right hand corner. "This was a perfect opportunity," said the publisher. "The entire issue is devoted to rodeo, and features a terrific article about Casey Tibbs. I couldn't resist. Couldn't afford it either, but did it anyway. I do believe the ad is stimulating sales!"

Currently only trade paperback editions of Casey Tibbs - Born to Ride are available. The hardbound edition of the book will be available in late October. It will retail for $24.95 + s/h. The trade paperback retails for $19.95 + s/h.


SHORT STORY CONTEST CLOSED

The 2nd Annual Cowboy Up Short Story Contest closed September 1. Semi-finalists will be announced September 14th. Finalists will be announced the 21st, and the winning entries will be announced by October 1. Names of all will be posted here and on www.moonlightmesaassociates.com website.


Submitted by Renee Witty

No comments:

Post a Comment