Monday, November 16, 2009

Record Sales at Bluegrass Festival


Moonlight Mesa Associates enjoyed RECORD sales at the Wickenburg Bluegrass Festival held this past weekend! Moonlight Mesa's publisher, Becky Coffield, said she was thrilled...and shocked both. "I figured we'd sell some books," Coffield said, "but we had amazing sales over the 2 1/2 days."

As anticipated, Jere D. James' Saving Tom Black led the other titles in sales, with Northern Escape and Death in the Desert both tied for second with strong numbers. Copies of Cabaret also sold, as did One Pot Galley Gourmet, but clearly Saving Tom Black gets the kudos for highest sales.

"What amazed me was how many people bought three and four books," Coffield said. "Granted, I offer a sweet deal on multiple copies, but this weekend was amazing! Security guards and vendors bought books too! Of course, I do offer a vendor discount coupon, but this was outstanding," Coffield said.

The publisher gets a slight break next week. She'll be doing only a 1/2 day venue at the Scottsdale ArtFest in Scottsdale, AZ. "This'll be interesting. I'll be in a room with 60 other authors and publishers...we'll see how we do. I only get 3 1/2 hours of sales time, but it'll be a good experiment."

After Scottsdale, Coffield will head to Safford, Arizona, for a Cowboy Christmas event. "I expect good sales there also. We've never been there, but I'm thinking positive and taking lots of books!"

The final (?) event for 2009 will be the Phoenix Gun Show, a three day event in Phoenix, Arizona. "I expect Death in the Desert and Saving Tom Black to sell well there," the publisher said.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the records! And good luck in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Oscar. We're busting our butts trying to sell books in this economy. I can't keep this up forever, but I've got three more events in three weeks to attend. We need a GOOD, CHEAP publicist!!

    ReplyDelete