Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Good Friends, Good Advice


Thanks to all those who sent emails or phoned with advice and kind words about the blog that was posted yesterday. All of this really leads me to believe that I just don't have tough skin. My good friend, and author, Stoney Greywolf Bowers, has had to shore me up a couple of times; the same for Jere D. James, and author-friend Steve Hayes. I'm sure my editor will give me a royal butt-kicking for not being tough. And, egads, my cover designer will give me heck too.

Well, I know how to save some money next year...and that will be to cancel memberships in groups that don't seem to give a damn or to be the least supportive. But, I'll contact the powers that be and see what went wrong in all of this before I get too riled up.

Meanwhile, Moonlight Mesa is making plans on attending the Festival of the West that is held in Scottsdale, AZ. Jere D. James has made a solemn promise to be present all four days of the festival, and I'm betting that Stoney Greywolf Bowers will let me rope him into this also.

Because of this impulsive decision, we're moving ahead full steam on Apache, Jere D. James' second Jake Silver novel; it's possible Stoney Bower's Native American Reflections might be available by then also. We'll take Death in the Desert, Northern Escape, and One Pot Galley Gourmet, plus with luck we'll have a pre-publication copy of a young reader's book available also. And of course, Saving Tom Black and Reflections from the Wilderness will be there also!

Who knows, maybe getting this riled up is a good thing! We're standing proud of our publications, and we know THEY SELL. Now, for the paperwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment