Thursday, September 10, 2009

Help

Okay, folks, I admit, we here at Moonlight Mesa are essentially techno-savages.

So, for all you techno-gurus who might read this, will someone please help us out. Even my Blogger Dude doesn't know this one.

How does one go about putting other people's blog names on the site. You know, the ones that have the little blogger icon on the right hand side of the page, and then if someone clicks on it they get taken through cyberspace to that person's blog.

I'd like to put some on this site. I'll be the first to admit, as a publisher I should know this stuff...I know layout and design...some editing (I have an editor-in-chief, however). I can barely get my websites launched. Someday I'll have the $$ to do this right and PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT FOR ME! Hey! I got my True West Badge uploaded though. So, there's hope.

1 comment:

  1. Here's the deal. (This may not work for blogs using older templates, but the fact that you have Followers tells me you're using one of the new-style templates.) From your dashboard, or from the page where you add new posts, click Layout. This should take you to Page Elements. If not, click Page Elements in the tool bar. In the screen below you'll see little boxes that say Followers, Blog Archive and About Me. Above those boxes is a link that says "Add a Gadget." Click that link. A new window will open with a list of basic gadgets you can add. Scroll down to "Blog List" and click the plus sign on the right. This will open a new window where you can make decisions on how you want the list to work.

    You can list them either alphabetically or by most recent update. You can sshow just the blog title, add the title of the most recent post, a snippet of the post, or even a photos. Don't worry. It's really a lot easier than it sounds.

    Back on the Page Elements screen, you can grab and move the elements around in any order you like. For instance, if you want the Blog List to appear immediately below Followers, drag the box to that position. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete